Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Saying Good Bye to Moe

Today broke my heart.. our boy cat Moe, had been "off " for the last week or so, to the point he wasn't eating or drinking much of anything, we knew we had to take him in to see the Vet, since we had moved we took him to a new vet...

They examined him first & then did blood work & x-rays, the x-rays were not clear, there was something going on... His B/W showed a high white blood count and a high level of Calcium, which could possibly indicate Cancer.

The Vet asked our permission to investigate further, and called in a Ultrasound Tech, he was there in less than 15 mins, we stood there (me petting Moe's head) while the tech started.. Almost immediately he said "prep for surgery" there was a foreign object in his stomach, things didn't look right. The decision was made to do exploratory surgery and either they would find the blockage, remove it & Moe would come home in a day or 2, or it would be bad & would need to say goodbye..

A few minutes after they started, they called us in to the back, they had him open & wanted to show us ***graphic warning !!**


His poor little body, his whole GI tract was covered in a very fast moving Cancer tumors, they urged us to say goodbye, if we were lucky we might have had a few days more with him.

I can honestly say I flipped, I was going to have to say Goodbye to my stinky butt, my baby boy, my headbutter, the one who follows me into the bathroom all the time....

They covered up the incision, and we came back in to be with him while we let him go.

We got Moe at 6 months old from a rescue, he was quite the jumper, he will missed so much..

Photo: Is Heartbroken.. Said Good Bye to my buddy Moe



1 comment:

An said...

I'm so very sorry, Wicked. Losing a loved pet is so hard.